IBHA Membership Benefits: Products and Services
Advocacy for the substance abuse, mental health, and problem gambling, prevention, treatment and recovery field. Presence full-time, year-round for Iowa’s public policy matters.
Collective power of your colleagues working together for policy, business, workforce, training, purchasing matters, and more.
Group Purchasing Opportunities
- Electronic filing of insurance claims at a reduced rate.
- Help in doing your job.
- Salary survey of the field.
- Timely information and reports.
- Timely information regarding state and national legislative issues.
- Networking and professional development opportunities with your peers statewide in substance abuse, mental health, and problem gambling.
- Continuing education for your employees year-round through Training Resources.
- Free Webinars for your members on business practices to support parity implementation and healthcare reform.
- Advocacy resources for healthcare implementation at the state and federal level.
- Electronic newsletters from the association and its national organizations.
State Associations of Addiction Services, National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare, National Council on Problem Gambling
Links to other member associations, national advocacy through Legal Action Center and National Council, connections to SAMHSA, NIAAA, NIDA, links to research and policy developments, input to federal organizations, participation in clinical trials networks, practice improvement collaboratives, and national quality forums, and access to education and training, and other benefits.
IBHA Products and Services Benefits
Drug Testing: Sterling Reference Laboratories
- Discounted pricing for members for urinalysis performed by Sterling Labs and for UA instant test results and lab UA testing services. Revenue sharing with IBHA.
- Contact: Evans Calas, President and GM, firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 442-0438
Unemployment programs and products: First Nonprofit Companies
- 20% discount on program enrollment fees reducing the cost from $11.25 per FTE to $9. One-time enrollment fee capped at $1125; IBHA members pay no more than $900. IBHA members entitled to special fee for unemployment insurance products.
- Contact: Joe Poretto at (800) 526-4352 or email@example.com
Food and Supply Purchasing: FoodSource Plus
- Savings of approx 10-35% on food, cleaning supplies, and paper goods.
- No cost to join FoodSource Plus and the analysis of your purchases is free and implies no obligation for you to participate.
- Contact: Ann Walsh at 978-621-6425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Products and Services: Two Rivers Insurance
- Special member pricing for insurance related products and services with revenue sharing back to the association (ie group life, disability, vision, FLEX, wellness, P&C, retirement planning).
- Contact: Jim Annear at (877) 963-9301
Educational Materials: Hazelden Publishing and Educational Services
- Discount to members on purchase of educational manuals, videos, and other materials; other special offers periodically. 5% of sales to state association.
- Iowa members should use promotion code SA01IA when ordering from Hazelden catalogue or website: http://www.hazelden.org/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?a=b
Publications: Wiley and Sons (formerly publications of the Manisses Communications Group)
- Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly: One-year subscription (48 issues) – $329 (regularly $687)
- The Brown University Digest of Addiction Theory & Application: One-year subscription (12 issues) – $107 (regularly $190)
- Contact: Dave Dupert, Associate Promotions Manager, 415-782-3191, email@example.com