Welcome to the Iowa Behavioral Health Association website.
Iowa Behavioral Health Association is a non-profit organization made up of nearly 30 member agencies that provide behavioral health prevention and treatment services throughout the state of Iowa. IBHA’s mission is: Better Behavioral Health through Education, Prevention, Treatment and Advocacy.
To become a member, please review our Membership page. If you are a member, please login on the right hand side.
IBHA HAS HUGELY SUCCESSFUL 2015 LEGISLATIVE SESSION:
Lawmakers stepped up to address many of the challenges facing the IBHA provider community during the 2015 Legislative Session. Here are the highlights: (You can read more detail on each in your custom Bill Tracker.)
- 3% substance-related treatment provider rate increase in SF 505 (effective 7/1/2015).
- $2.3 million EHR funding in SF 514 (up to $100,000 grants to each provider).
- Clarinda MHI open until December 15, 2015 ($$ split between SF 505 and SF 514).
- DHS to RFP for private provider to operate a 15-bed inpatient unit for people with geri-psychiatric issues or aggressive/combative behaviors (it’s the “sex offender issue”) at Clarinda (SF 505).
- Mt. Pleasant MHI stays open ($$ in SF 505).
- Requires Medicaid Oversight Panel to provide place for public input on Medicaid managed care, and requires monthly public meetings around the state beginning March 2016 (SF505).
A comprehensive analysis will be released shortly!
Click here to read the entire 2015 Legislative Membership Report.